International E-Waste Day is October 14

International E-waste Day is a yearly awareness raising celebration initiated by the WEEE Forum and its members and takes place every year on 14th of October. It aims to highlight the growing issue of electronic waste and promote responsible e-waste management. This year’s edition will run under the slogan “You can recycle anything with a plug, battery or cable!” highlighting the issue of invisible e-waste - the electronic items that often go unrecognized and are not properly recycled within the appropriate waste stream. You can read more about this story here:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Brooks.
I’d like to give myself an example of this awareness. One day I sat down and took apart some of my very old computers that had various malfunctions and could not be repaired.
The screens were in working condition; some of them I sold second-hand and made available to others.
I’ll put many of the working parts in the ad again, but I’m having a hard time finding the time for this.
I sent many parts that couldn’t be used or sold to the electronic recycling center of the municipality.

1 Like