Has anyone adopted optimization techniques to minimize their subscriptions? Some of my that come top of mind are:
- Identify low demand VM’s within high compute density cluster / vCenter spaces…move if possible to Cloud or consolidate to physical or lower compute vCenter.
- Adopt Azul in Aure where it is free supported by Microsoft, and back end supported by Azul. Claim is it is drop in when used vs Commercial Java).
- Adopt Corretto in AWS, similar opportunity in item #2
- General adoption of OpenJDK in lieu of commercial Java
- Identify applications that have demand but covered by supported agreement that entitles use of commercial Java. Mostly this pertains to Oracle supported apps but I have seen cases where non Oracle agreements contain this language as well providing benefit.
Would love to hear others opinions ideas towards optimization or cost avoidance