Introduce yourself

Hi @Yann - welcome to the ITAM Forum and the ITAM community. I will say this, “you will never be bored in ITAM!”

Congrats on your new role!. In previous conversations, start with the IT Asset Management website. It has a ton of articles, best practices and insights on inventory management or HAM = hardware asset management.

https://www.itassetmanagement.net/?s=hardware+asset

Ideally as you start off, define your scope and what the org wants to keep track of. Don’t boil the entire ocean (because you can’t) and limit your scope to assets that has inherent risk (machines with HDs, for example).

Some sample questions on assets:
What systems in IT that can do hardware / software discovery?
Is there a central database that exists now?
How is hardware requested/procured?

Let us know how we can help with your journey,

James

2 Likes

My name is Abhijeet from India.
By education I’m a computer science engineer, ITILv3 foundation and Six Sigma Green Belt certified.

I’m into the IT industry for the past 13 years now. I have been into different roles in this professional journey. I started as a L1 IT support analyst, then moved to Application Management (Incident, Problem and Change). In the same project I got introduced to the management of CAD software applications and licenses where I developed my interest.

In the next role, I was leading the SAM portfolio for a major engineering services company where my team implemented the SAM processes from the scratch.

Now, I’m leading the PreSales department of my organization which is a Software License Management product company.

Apart from personal growth, my aim is to spread awareness about the importance of ITAM processes and standardize it across the industry.

Happy to be a part of this platform :blush:

2 Likes

Hello Abhijeet, and welcome on board!

From your perspective as someone with already 13 years in the field, what do you think is the main challenge faced by ITAM newcomers?

Hello Hernan, thank you for the warm welcome.

As an new ITAM professional who just started with ITAM after completion their college studies, the major issue I had personally experienced was lack of awareness about licensing knowledge, Do’s and Dont’s. I learned it with experience.

The same can be said about the organization which just started their ITAM journey. More importantly, if the priority and seriousness about the ITAM implementation is missing from the Senior Management then everything takes a setback .

However, things are changing in the right direction now.

1 Like

Thank you Abhijeet.

Good to hear that things are improving. Hopefully things will keep going that way for years to come!

Hello Everyone

My name is Fran Stuart. I am the IT Asset, Licensing and Supplier Manager for Canterbury Christ Church University in the UK. I have joined ITAM Forum and the discussion board as I am fairly new to ITAM having previously worked in Procurement. I am looking for ways I can contribute to the ITAM community, help my instiution with their ITAM woes, network with other ITAM professionals and just learn as much as I can about the profession and ITAM good practice.
A bit about me, I am keen motorcyclist, self-confessed bibliophile and linocut hobbyist.

Fran
[/quote]

3 Likes

Welcome to our community Fran. I’m sure you’ll find lots of like-minded people around here (and who knows, maybe even some other keen motorcyclists!)

Hi all,

My name is William Menant, and I’m Microsoft Solutions Engineer at SHI International in France.
I’m working on Computer Sciences since 2006 and specially on Microsoft Technologies. I manages customers Cloud solutions and works in collaboration with US and UK teams, including ITAM Engineers.

I’m here to learn more about ITAM and improve my skills on it.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Welcome to the community William!

Feel free to ask (or answer) any questions. This is the right place for it :slight_smile:

Cheers.

Hello Everyone!

My name is Eric Nudelman and I work as GM of Operations and Technology for Retriever. Although I have been in IT management for over 15 years, I am new to the arena of IT asset management. I am here to enrich my knowledge from fellow community members and bring to the table what I have learned from my experiences.

I live in the South Florida area and enjoy mountain biking, scuba diving, and camping with my two daughters.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Thanks,
Eric

1 Like

Hey Eric,

Great to meet you! It’s awesome that you’re joining us. With your 15 years of IT management under your belt, I’m sure you’ll bring a lot of value to the table :slight_smile:

Those outdoor activities sound fun, and a great way to spend quality time with family.

Anyway, welcome aboard! This is a friendly community, and we’re all here to support each other. Don’t hesitate to ask questions or start a discussion - we’re always happy to share our thoughts and ideas.

Best,
Hernán
Community Manager

Hi, I’m Sheryl Langley Sales Director for Retriever. We make remote laptop returns easy for HR/IT teams with a full end-to-end service that allows device returns to be processed in just 30 seconds. I’m a huge tennis enthusiast and love to travel and bake!

1 Like

Hi Sheryl! It’s great to hear about the services Retriever provides for HR/IT teams. Streamlining the process of remote laptop returns is definitely a valuable asset, especially in today’s remote work environment. It’s also fantastic to know that you’re a tennis enthusiast and enjoy baking and traveling. Do you have any favorite tennis players or travel destinations?

Yes, a few favorite tennis players for sure. Rafa Nadal, Carlos Alcaraz and for the women Iga Swiatek! Favorite destinations - Venice, Italy and Paris, France. I went to the French tennis open last summer which was awesome.

1 Like

The French open sounds amazing Sheryl! I hope I’ll get to attend it some day :slight_smile:

Welcome to the community!

Hello All,

My name is Marisha Khare and currently I am working as Software Asset Management Project Lead with SLB. I have 12 years of experience as IT Asset Analyst in Software Licensing, Compliance and Configuration Management. I am CSAM , ITIL V3 Foundation and Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) Certified. I have keen interest in improving the ITAM process within organisation I am working for.
I have also successfully completed Executive Program on Business Management from Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta one of the prestigious institutes in India.

I gave birth to a son 3 years back and since then have forgotten about all my hobbies. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Marisha. It’s very exciting to have the number of seasoned professionals grow around here!

Kids and hobbies tend to clash it seems, but I reckon once they grow a bit older you can always (more or less) create joint hobbies :blush:

HI all collagues I am Sergio Molina; Currently, my focus is on driving Economic Transformation and Cloud FinOps with Santander. Driving collaboration with digital platforms, payment innovation solutions, cloud providers, Lean and Safe Agile methodologies, and machine learning/AI technologies. I had a mix of backgrounds, Physics - MBA - Cloud Architect , with several Years of experience in Banking and Industry platforms .

2 Likes